Sunday, January 5, 2014

Going to Honduras

Dear Family and Friends, Merry Christmas! I hope you all are doing well! I am truly blessed this year! I have reached my two year mark at Gallup Indian Medical Center Emergency Department in Gallup, NM. The hospital is now a Level 3 trauma center and I am learning tons! Being a Level 3 center means that any trauma within the area would come to us versus the hospital across the street. Gallup is surrounded by rural area, mostly Indian reservation of Navajo and Zuni Pueblo People and it is off the I-40 so there is a great diversity in patients. This year I am also blessed with a beautiful niece, and the recovery of my sister after the complicated delivery. With the Government shutdown this year I am truly blessed that I was paid and not furloughed. I am truly blessed to be working, and in January I am hoping to pass on that blessing. January 11-21 I will be traveling to Honduras and participating with other professionals running medical clinics and some days of dental clinics. I will be participating with some Pure Heart church members, but I will be going under the flag of Hands Giving Hope organization. Hands Giving Hope is a new non-profit organization that Pastor Denis has started. I have worked with Pastor Denis on several occasions for other service trips. I am very excited for the trip. I have not been able to do a long short term trip since graduating from college. The last two years I have been able to participate in the Christmas ministries in Kaibeto, AZ, and Puerto Penasco, Mexico. I have really missed going out and helping people. Oh the problems of having a full time job! J I would like to thank you all for the prayers you have supported me with the last few years, I really am grateful for it. If you could support me in prayer for this trip I would appreciate it! Prayer Requests: Safe travel to Honduras and on the roads in Honduras, driving is crazy in Honduras! That the people we work with will be able to have open hearts when they hear the gospel.

No comments:

Post a Comment