Monday, May 29, 2017

The Lone traveler

Well who would have thought I would be going to Honduras without a team? This trip to Honduras will be a a lot of firsts for me.
First checking in and not being given a seat. My trips are booked through a travel agency for nonprofits and I normally get a decent seat either a aisle or window and sometimes I randomly get economy plus. None of this happened. I kept asking for a seat, I didn't even have an option to upgrade and I totally would. Right now I will pay to about of pain. So after our boarding time I was finally given a seat. A middle seat or as another guy called it, "the conversation seat".
When I boarded, I got to my seat, it was like someone played a prank,  the amount of space between the two seats was so tiny. It looked to be about 6inches but as I measure it it appears to be 12 inches, judging with my fingers and my arm..my feet are longer than the space between front/back seat. And since it's an  older airplane, they added charging outlets so less space under the seat. My backpack barely fits side ways and doesn't fit length wise, so that means absolute no leg room for me my knees are in the seat ahead of me and of course the person lowered their seat so it's practically in my face. So my knees are screaming and all I can say is this is going to be a long day. And I immediately used my spending money on upgrading my other seats on the flights cause I guess that's how American Airlines does it. You got pay extra for the preferred seats!
Then to Miami, I could not just leave my luggage with the team and go explore, I had to lug my heavy backpack and bag sound the whole airport. And then there was no one to talk to, which was probably good cause I was tired and not in a pleasent mood.
My flight from Miami to Tegucigalpa was a better experience, no one sat on the aisle seat so the middle seat guy moved to the aisle and I found out that there is less leg room on the window seat dure to the charging pack for the outlet. So I awkwardly sat with my legs in the next space over. I kept repeatedly thinking, "why can't southwest fly to Tegucigalpa?" 
The guy on aisle was a dentist from Boston who was coming for a brigade. He was worried about the heat. I told it wasn't as bad as the Dominican Republic but he said they were by the ocean so maybe it is as bad. 
I was one the last ones to get off the plane and of course the one time I am not with a team the line for foreign travelers is longer and slower. So by the time I got out of customs Cristina and Marvin were waiting for me and they thought I had maybe missed my flight.
The trip to La Esperanza was longer then I remebered, more pot holes and we stopped more. I miss the bus but I didn't miss the bus. We stopped at stand on the side of the rode about an hour and half from La esperanza and we got some edible flowers, hopefully in a pic below or the next post. They cost $.50! Cristina says they are good with eggs we will see. Another reason to stop there was for the fresh piƱa! The lady ended up chopping up two different ones to prove the two different kinds of pineapple were tasty, and they were!! I am hoping Dennis will buy some when he comes up on Saturday or we will have to find some good ones at the market. I don't think the pineapples in America ever get this yellow.
Once we got to town Cristina and I stopped at Walmart. Now it didn't have a big sign saying Walmart but the plastic bags do and they charge for the plastic bags! The one time I really need my reusable bags!
And that was it to my long travel day... I feel like I did not need to do as extravagant as a post cause I have no team but there you go!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment