Tuesday, June 6, 2017

The town always seems bigger when when driving and traffic...

Thursday was a slow day. It was one of Cristina's employees day off so she had to be at the store all day. Currently the internet did not work at her house so going to her store did not seem so bad. It just made for a very long day. 
After getting breakfast from the market, badeas I'm pretty sure that is not how they are spelled. Badeas are flour tortilla with beans eggs avocado and montaquilla which is a sweet sour cream. They are very good and after we ordered one of the workers had to go buy the avacados because many people do not pay extra for the eggs and avacados normally just beans and cheese. 

I was able to communicate with my family and get some posting done.
Cristina's accountant came by and talked with me. He is very talkative but I am also able to understand his accent better than others.

Cristina needed to buy some high blood pressure medications for one of our village pastors, so we hiked down to downtown from her shop at the bus stop, by car it would have taken us 10 ish minutes maybe a bit more for parking and it took us about 8 minutes waking! It always seemed so far with traffic but I definitely have more mud on my clothes but we got down there and back quick so didn't leave ariselly by herself at he store.

When we got back from the pharmacy the nurse ariselly was there. We have worked with her in previous years at her clinic in San Antonio Valle, her clinic was a 2/ 2.5 hour drive from Las Esperanza and always had really muddy roads, sometimes the buses would not be able to handle them. She has now moved to a different clinic that is in need more. We gave her some of our medication that would be expiring and I gave her some medical supplies that my work had donated. She was very excited for the supplies from my work and the medications. I hope we will be able to do another brigade and go to the new village. We like to go wherever the need is the greatest.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment