Thursday, June 1, 2017

Wednesday drive to the mountain!

On Wednesday we drove to a rural school where my friend Keren is now a teacher. It was in the same village as the church we went to on Sunday morning. Marvin is sick so we met up its pastor Edmond and he drove us. While we were driving we passed over a sketchy bridge. I always notice the bridges because I feel like they are going to break under the weight of me and the car/ bus. So when we came to another sketchy bridge I thought it was odd cause I didn't recognize it. And the road became very rough, very unlike it was on Sunday morning. I mentioned to Cristina that roads were very different, she agreed but we kept going thinking we will hit the school eventually, after driving for 30 minutes we should have hit the school but we kept climbing these 4x4 needed roads. And eventually we got signal and got a hold of keren and then we knew we were on the wrong mountain. So down we went then on to the school. 
At the school I taught the children about their heart and I had them listen to their hearts with the extra stethoscopes I had. I then taught them about brushing their teeth, hygiene, and hand hygiene. Cristina had Keren translate which I talk a bit fast for her. :) she needs more English practice.
As we head back down the mountain I asked pastor Edmond what kind of things should I prepare the future teams with. He said all of his teams have been perfect... sigh.... but I eventually got some info out of him.... 
in the late afternoon Cristina and I went to her store. She has two employees Alex and ariselly . Alex helped out at the children's home the past several years so I know him by face and name... especially cause my Spanish is not the greatest. Ariselly is currently living with Cristina and Marvin so I see her everyday. When we got to the store we found out that the cell phones for Tigo had stopped working and the banks all closed early. This made Cristina feel a little better cause she thought her phone was broke. 
I told her the same thing happened in the US when the fiber optics were accidentally snipped or stolen... after closing up shop we went by a store to buy more things for her shop. The people in that store are recognizing me now that I have been there every day this week...
It started raining this evening and it is glorious... except for the mud but falling asleep to rain is nice and the animals are a lot quieter when that happens. :)

Prayer: keep praying for health. Marvin is still sick, his mother told him he has dengue fever and I said no. But he is not doing everything I am telling him... a typical guy... I taught Cristina the words "man flu" she thought it was funny... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment