Saturday, June 28, 2014

Another day done


Well we are all done with the clinics! And we are exhausted! Throughout the week medical saw over 500 people!!! Yesterday was the most trying! It was very hot in the clinic, with hardly any breeze, it did not let up until it rained. Then it was very enjoyable! I also decided yesterday was the day Daniella would start seeing patients on her own with me there to answer questions. At first she didn't really want to but then I got called away with my fist aid kit for a scraped knee, so it was a forced "you are ready". She did fine and then I got called away for a boy who accidently nicked himself with a machete. Once I cleaned it I though it would need 2-3 sutures so I found the nurse who runs the clinics and she place 3 sutures on the laceration of course without any numbing agents. The boy did well, just covering his face, only feeling a little bit of pain. Our ride was very interesting going back to base camp, there was rain, muddy roads, and steep inclines. But we made it back ok! Today we went to market, I went with Christina buying fresh fruits and vegetables for the team for the rest of the week. In the afternoon we went to a Lenca village and bought some hand woven items. We got to watch some of them weave the blankets/scarves, it was really cool! We then went to the festival of mushrooms and wine. I had seen the parade when I was at the market earlier but it was. I obviously did not try anything but it was cool to look at things. I was interviewed by the department of tourism. I was picked out very easily, and asked how much Spanish I knew in espanol. It was interesting and made just want to learn my Spanish better.
Tomorrow we go to the waterfall pray for our safety and that no one is hurt. I can't believe we are almost done!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment