Sunday, June 29, 2014

Guest author for today.....

Hello! I would like you all to meet my friend Beth, I asked her to write some thoughts about the trip.

Before I share, I would like to say that Nicole convinced me to take part in this trip to La Esperanza, Honduras, and I'm so glad she did! La Esperanza has taken a piece of my heart; the people are so kind, and the city and "department" of Intebuca breathtaking. However, medical and dental brigades in the villages left us with up to 12 hour days of work and travel, hot and sticky rooms with little space made it uncomfortable, and mental/physical/spiritual fatigue ensued. I had the privilege to act as one of the providers during this trip, examining and basically prescribing medications to many patients, and I experienced all of the above challenges mentioned. Although these challenges existed, there were constant reminders of God's presence in all of them: His promises to cover, protect, provide, heal, and just BE with us were spoken through our morning devotions; promptings and encouragement from team members gave us the courage to reach the Honduran people on a spiritual level after meeting physical needs. Even though our days were long and my body was tired by the end of the brigades, I somehow felt rest and rejuvenation in this place. It is a rest that God can only provide in the midst of work when we dwell and abide in Him. This rejuvenation was much needed in my heart, and I now have a glimpse as to the purpose behind the Lord bringing me to La Esperanza. I'm so looking forward to my next visit to Honduras (after taking a few Spanish classes), and thank you to Nicole, my team, Hands Giving Hope, and those who have supported us through donations and most importantly prayer. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment