Sunday, May 10, 2015

Medical brigade day 2

Day 2.
Tuesday was an amazing day! We did not have has many patients as Monday but it flowed well and the team worked well. Some of the team that wasn't helping with the brigade were able to help with the feeding kitchen and they were even able to give the bible story to the children and lead the prayer all in Spanish!! I started catching on again with what to ask the patients. I had a different translator who used different words with the medical lingo do then I was getting loss or maybe it wasn't all getting translated. All in all it was a good day! I saw about 40 people. And we had a case with a child who has febrile seizures. It started when he was an infant and it comes every time he gets sick. The mother complained about his fever always staying high when he is sick, I talked to her about fever management and that if the boy continues with the seizures he needs to go to a neurologist. They may not take him the mother believes he continues to get the seizures because the clinic gives him penicillin. I felt like I was educating all day! I try to talk to the patients on what they need to do when they run out of the medications I am giving them or how to conserve the ones I am giving them. 
I Also saw a lot of patients complaining of white spots. This is not Vitiligo- where skin loses pigment, but it is where they have white spots on their skin randomly and it is related malnutrition. So we give them vitamins and today is the day we ran out of prenatal vitamins. We did not have much to start of with but it is horrible we we have someone who is pregnant and also has the while spots on their skin.
Tuesday we started praying for healing of those who are sick. I have been having a cough all week with hard wheezing when I laugh or cough, after much prayer that night the wheezing went away, praise God! The students also had a high and low talk which was awesome to hear! Just their perspectives on the day, the people and the culture! I am so blessed to be working with them!

No comments:

Post a Comment