Sunday, May 17, 2015

Medical brigade day 3

Medical brigade day 3
Well the day three went well. We had the last clinic at San Antonio a community where hands giving hope sponsors a church with pastor Carlos and his wife Rosa, his is the third time for me to visit this community. When we arrived there was already two different lines one for medical and one for dental. Medical was very interesting some of the same, mal nutrition and too much time in the sun. I was able to let one of the GCU student ask some questions and write the prescriptions, which she loved, and I was able to work with Tegucigalpa- Pastor Carlos. T-Pastor Carlos is a great translator and he catches on to stuff and reminds me to ask stuff that I forget. And he is passionate about the teaching as I am. So when I educate on nosebleeds, headaches, or muscle stain Carlos has me completely explain it to him and them he explains it well to the patient and there family. It may make us see less patients but it still works well. One interesting case was a teenager who came in with complaint of nosebleeds and head aches  3 times a week. I went into the education of how to prevent nosebleeds and the various formulas for his headaches. Then at the end his mother mentioned that all of this started after he was in a car accident several years ago. I asked my typical did he lose consciousness? And her reply was yes, for 2 days. I went "oh". She then showed me where he had a gash on his head, it was a large scar. The mother was unsure if he had a head bleed because she was also unconsciousness after the accident. So after talking with them for 10-15 minutes and I consulted with Dr. Gladys and she agreed with me that the boy needed to see a neurologist. So she filled out a consult so they could go to the hospital and see a neurologist. I kept trying to ask questions like if the boy was forgetting items at school or if school but he seemed like he didn't want to be there and kept looking off to the distance, which I saw as odd, but he might have been embarrassed that his mother forced him to come here. :) Other than that I saw two of Pastor Carlos's( of San Antonio) sons. Milagro who is 19 now T-Carlos and I both teased. I had felt bad earlier because when we arrived Milagro was coming to say I to me and I had no idea who he was. It took me about 4 hours and then light bulb, I realized who he was. I realized he was the pastor's son, and we worked together the last two trips. He led worship we had baptism in January last year. And he was at the children's home when I went in 2009. I felt really bad but made up for it when
Carlos and I teased him for seeing the doctor, he did wait until everybody else had been seen which is refreshing.  I love to see servant's heart when someone goes last even if it means they may not receive what everyone else gets. We did run out of vitamins both children and adult by mid day. We didn't have too many go with out them but we did have a few. Other than that we did have medication for everybody.
And next time I will try to bring more vitamins.

After the clinics we went to go see Pastor Carlos and Rosa's church. They have been trying to build for the last several years. Every year they had built the walls using adobe but were unable to get a roof up before the raining season started so the rains dissolved the walls. They now have a roof on it! They wish to build a feeding center next to the church but they mush await funding from the US. After praying for the church we went back to Carlos's house and Milagro sang and played his guitar and his little brother also joined and played guitar with him. Milagro is amazing on the guitar and teaches himself and now it looks like is teaching his little brother. Their whole family serves the Lord with everything they do! Well it was a long day and it finished by us heading back to the La Esperanza and there was a Semi truck in our way. Now many of the girls had asked what happens on the one lane roads if there are 2 cars, My response is the biggest truck wins. Well there was this Semi and we were debating which was bigger our bus or the Semi. Then the bus starts driving in the ditch sideways to go around the Semi, I was so glad we were not on the side of the mountain where one of us would have to back up to find a passing place.

No comments:

Post a Comment