Sunday, May 17, 2015

The last few days...

The rest of the story…..
Thursday was a rest day. The team went to the mercado and got to see all of the sites and smells that accompanied. I stayed at the children's home with time to meditate and peace and quiet. With such a large team they are loud but I love them all the same. One of my roommates was convinced that I would hate them by the time I left but it was the opposite I got to know them and loved them for who they were, no matter how loud they got. Any ways so my morning of peace and quiet because discussion time with Stan which was awesome. He is an amazing pastor and is an excellent encourager. He pushes me to be a better Christian and to be a better encourager. So after the noisy college student came back, we all rested. Then around 4 we went to Marvin and Christina's house, which praise God they have finally moved in!!! They had the foundation created when I went to Honduras 6 years ago and they have just moved in in November! We had a nice cookout with a large bonfire. The GCU students were able to tour the ministry property and get to hear the vision that they have for the ministry property! I can not wait till we have enough funds to build on the property!
Friday we headed into Delores. The team will be staying there for 10 days. There they will helping out in the school or evangelizing in the surrounding area. I really wish I could have stayed with them!!!! Delores was REALLY HOT! So I was glad I was leaving but I really wanted to stay with the team. The girls were staying in one house with the boys in another. It is a bit cramped with having so many girls in one house but I am sure they are getting along! :) It rained while I was there and it felt nice except of course I didn't dry but the rest of the girls played in the rain and then changed into their church clothes.
After Dennis finally showed up we left as the team went to church. I really did not want to leave. But life must go on! That night we had a quiet dinner with Christina and I stayed at her house. She really had ministry in mind when she had her house built. They can easily have 7 people stay with them. It was nice and quiet.
Saturday  Dennis, T-Carlos and I went to Tegucigalpa. After dropping Carlos off Dennis and I went to the hotel. Later I found out that this hotel was right next to the Presidential Palace. I thought the helipad that I could see from my room was for a hospital, NOPE! It was the presidential helipad! It is definitely crazy! It would be nice to actually see the white house as I have now seen Honduras' and England's palaces!
This trip in general was a blessing and let me heal after several bad weeks of work. But know I just don't know where God wants me to go, we had mentioned I could stay in Honduras full time but I do have loans. Once all of my loans are I can go anywhere and we will see where God wants me to go!
Don’t forget to check our Hands Giving Hope's facebook and wordpress blog!


No comments:

Post a Comment